With the continuous development of social economy, people's quality of life is getting higher and higher, and people pay more and more attention to their health, especially under the anxiety caused by some malignant tumors.A lot of people will be vaccinated, about what is antigen what is antibody problem also followed, the following hunan yunbang to give you an introduction.
1.antigen:The substance that causes the body to produce antibodies is called an antigen.
(1) antigen (Ag) is any substance that can induce immune response.
Foreign molecules can be recognized by immunoglobulin on B cells or processed by antigen-presenting cells and combine with major histocompatibility complex to reactivate T cells, triggering a continuous immune response.
- (2)Antigen reaction
- The so-called antigenic reactivity refers to the specific reaction with the antibody or sensitized lymphocyte produced by its stimulation.Substances with the ability of immunogenicity and reactivity are called complete antigens, such as pathogens, alien animal serum and so on.Only has the reactivity genicity and does not have the immunogenicity substance, is called the hapten, such as penicillin, sulfonamide and so on hapten does not have the immunity.Primordial, no immune response.But in some special cases, if the haptens bind to large proteins, they acquire immunogenicity and become complete antigens, which can stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies and effector cells.After penicillin enters the body, if its degradation products bind to the histocinins, immunogenicity is acquired and the immune system is stimulated to produce anti-penicillin antibodies.When penicillin is injected into the human body again, anti-penicillin antibodies immediately bind to penicillin, resulting in a pathological immune response, rash or anaphylactic shock, even life-threatening.
2.Antibodies: when a pathogen invades the body and stimulates lymphocytes, the lymphocytes produce a special protein called an antibody that resists the pathogen.
(1) antibody (English: antibody)
Immunoglobulin is a large y-shaped protein secreted by plasma cells (effector B cells) and used by the immune system to identify and neutralize foreign substances such as bacteria and viruses.An antibody recognizes a unique feature of a particular foreign object called an antigen.
(2) function of antibody
The main function of antibodies is to bind to antigens (both foreign and self-generated), so as to effectively remove foreign bodies such as microorganisms and parasites that invade the body. Antibody is a protein produced in response to antigens and can be specifically bound to antigens.Each antibody binds to a specific antigen determinant.This combination can inactivate the antigen, may be ineffective but sometimes also cause pathological damage to the body, such as anti-nuclear antibodies, anti-double-stranded DNA antibodies, anti-thyroid globulin antibodies and other autoantibodies, can cause harm to the human body.
3.Connection: antigen-stimulated cells produce antibodies.
- antigen-antibodyreaction,It is the process that antigen and corresponding antibody specifically combine to form reversible antigen-antibody complex under certain conditions.Due to the characteristics of the physics properties of antigen, antibody, involved in the reaction medium and the different experimental conditions, the antigen and antibody response can be divided into agglutination reaction, precipitation reaction and complement fixation or eosinophilic cells reaction and so on, these reactions has become a disease diagnosis, pathogenic microbe, epidemiological investigation, and widely used means of scientific research work.
- So much for the introduction of what is antigen and what is antibody. At present, there are a lot of biotechnology developed by antigen-antibody reaction, such as stancey, which USES antigen-antibody technology to treat some tumors, leukemia, etc., and there have been many cases of cure.